Monday 10 November 2014

The Family History of Alexander Gray (1806 - 1876), Aboyne Baker


Readers of this blog may wonder why I have a fascination with 19th Century Aboyne.  It started with my research into Alexander Gray, a direct relative of my late wife, indeed one of her ggg grandfathers.  Alexander became the village baker in Aboyne, occupying this position probably for 44 years, from 1832 to 1876.  Alexander and his wife Margaret were highly fecund and over a period of 31 years had at least 15 children several of whom (or their spouses) became successful or noteworthy themselves. 
My research on Aboyne began as an attempt to understand the social environment in which Alexander lived.  Quite by chance I have unearthed other personalities and issues which I deemed worth researching in their own right and several of these stories have already been published on my blog.
In turning to Alexander Gray and his large family I realised that a single essay on the topic would be too lengthy for easy comprehension, so I have broken the subject up into concise items which can stand in their own right, or can be viewed as part of the larger story of Alexander Gray. 
Don Fox

20141104

donaldpfox@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment